Saturday, 11 August 2012

Classy & Fabulous Shabby Chic Card

Hello Happy Crafters

Its been 10 days since I posted and that is not like me so apologies.  I try to post at least a few times a week.  I have been busy people, busy finishing off custom orders and some gifts for friends both old and new.  I have also been busy with projects for my favourite challenges.

I love entering WOC challenges and this card I specifically made for their current Challenge 56 - Pink and Green.  Here is the link to their challenge blog; so take a look, you might also be inspired to enter!

WOC Challenge 56 - Pink and Green

So without further ado, here is my card...


My card measures 6inches by 5inches and I used the Lil' Primrose paper pad by Kaiser Craft.  I glued down a pink sheet of paper onto white card stock and cut out the centre of the green spotted paper and rolled it back. 


I used vintage lace to cover the rolled back paper and also to create a 'sunken' effect for my sentiment and the mirror vanity. The beautiful pink flowers are all from WOC while the green leaves are from Prima.


The mirror vanity is from the paper collection and it has images of a tiny pink rose and a white rose.  I added WOC roses on the exact spots.  I also glued down tiny pink necklace on the necklace image on the vanity.


WOC leaf and flowers with my a green and pale yellow spray from my stash


The green rose is from Prima and I adhered a piece of a meshed type of lace for additional effect.  The pink bauble is part of the pink spray I created for this card.


More of the pink spray I created.  Vintage lace creating a ruffled effect on the bottom of the card.


The sentiment and the shoe is from the collection.  I used 3d squares to layer the sentiment to a pink striped sheet from the collection.  I applied glossy accents to the leaves on the sentiment and also to the word GIRL.

I hope my card has inspired you to enter the challenge too.

Thanks for stopping by...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this absolutely classy and fabulous card! Nice colors and lots of details too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at WOC this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs