Thursday, 24 January 2013

Love Card

Hey scrappers, I have been crafting all day yesterday and all morning :-).  As I mentioned in my blog post yesterday today is a public holiday in the UAE and thus far I have spent it pampering myself by spending time crafting YAY!!!  

The last time I entered a on-line challenge was way before Christmas and this is not good...so I went through the bookmarks of my favourite challenges and started working on my projects.  I completed this card last night and I am entering it in 3 challenges.

Here are the on-line challenges I created this card for:

The Shabby Tea Room - No. 150 and this is their inspirational image below. The theme for their challenge is "Just Pretty".  Please click on their name above to be taken to their challenge blog.



The second challenge I am entering this card in is at Wild Orchid Challenge No. 67 and their theme is "Coming Up Roses".  Please click on their name above to be taken to their challenge blog.

The third challenge I am entering this card in is at Sugar Creek Hallow - challenge No. 45 and their theme is "Tic Tac Toe".  Please click on their name above to be taken to their challenge blog.  For this challenge I have chosen the last diagonal line flowers, pearls and die cut!



Here is my card...I hope you like it!


Pink striped paper is by Echo Park - dots and stripes.  Under the striped paper I used both pink and  creme parchment paper.  Of course everything is inked with vintage photo and all the edges are distressed with the Tim Holtz paper distresser.



The above 3 images are of the card itself at different angles and close ups.


The Victorian lady image is a cut out from the February page from the awesome Place In Time paper collection by Graphic 45.  The image is on foam tape to add some dimension.  I love the look of the 3 layers of the Martha Stewart doily punch!


The heart doily is by Wild Orchid Crafts; code listed below.  Pink lace, pearl centre and the flat back pearls in the corner are from my stash and they were bought locally.


The beautiful pink roses are also from Wild Orchid Crafts; code listed below.  The heart button and tiny pearl heart are from my stash and they were bought at local stores.


The heart and key is a die cut which I cut at Paper Lane and I cannot remember the name.  If any one needs to know the name of it please email me and I will find out for you.  I embossed the die cut with white dabber paint and white enamel shabby embossing power  - the result is stunning!


I love this pink shabby lace and ladies I have had this lace for the longest time.  I bought a few meters of it about 2 years ago in South Africa and it has sadly now come to an end.  I hope I can still source it or something similar when I visit home again.






List of products / supplies used:

Echo Park - Dots & Stripes
Graphic 45 Place In Time - February
Pink and white parchment paper
Bazzill cardstock
Heart and key die cut
Snow cap Adirondack paint dabber
Stampendous White Enamel
WOC 2-tone Baby pink wild roses (PM-00108)
WOC mixed paper doilies (DL-00001)
Flat back pearls, pearl centre, pearl heart (stash)
Die cut stickers - sentiment
Button and lace (stash)
Vintage photo distress ink

Well that's it for this post!  I am off to continue working on my other projects for a few more challenges.  I hope you like the card!  Wish me luck...





5 comments:

  1. Wow ...what a beautiful card Janine ...i love the shabby chic look of it ...and the colors and your embellishing is simply fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and so feminine. I love all the layers and texture. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Card! I love all your embellishments!! Beautifully done!!
    Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning sweetie this is fabulous loving the colors, thanks for joining us at WOC this time hugs Pops xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous shabby card with us in the Tea Room! Very pretty heart,love the large pearl embellishment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs