Wednesday 23 January 2013

Stash Record Book

Hey scrappers; hope everybody is scrapping away to their hearts content.  Do you guys also have withdrawal symptoms when other tasks prevent you from slipping away to your craft room?  I do!!! I have been busy with other important tasks and even though I managed to slip into my room now and then it was not enough for my soul :-).  Yesterday I popped into Paper Lane, bought  KaiserCraft's Lake House Collection amongst other things and feel totally revitalised. Tomorrow is also a public holiday here in the UAE so today and until further notice, my order of business is to craft, craft, craft :-)  But first a blog post..

Today I am blogging about a booklet I made a few weeks ago to record certain items in my stash.  I don't know about you guys but more than once I have duplicated a purchase of a certain distress inks or a glimmer mist especially the ones I do not use as regularly as my ever faithful favourites vintage photo and aged mahogany.

I wanted to create a book that was not going to take up space in my bag and was versatile enough to record the items I wanted.  I used one sheet of 12x12 paper to create the inside pages of this booklet and tags inserted into the pockets act as my recording or stock sheet.  Tell me what you think...


I used the Jumping Joan sheet from Graphic 45's ABC Primer 12x12 paper pad for the cover.  The front and back cover and spine were made from chipboard making the cover durable and flexible.  Details of the items I used are listed at the end of my post.

Ladies I would really like to mention the black and white stripped ribbon I used to tie the booklet together.  I attended school at a girls convent and when my mother purchased the blazer, she also had to purchase the ribbon and sew it onto the blazer herself.  My mother was not good with sewing at the time so she bought more than enough ribbon just in case she messed it up.  Well she didn't mess it up and she kept the excess which she in turn gave to me.  This ribbon has travelled from South Africa to Dubai and it is the first time it has found a second usage.  Love it!!!


In this booklet I have pocket space for 8 tags and a longer tag insert on pages 2 and 4.  I used foam tape to secure the sides of the paper and secured a strip of creme lace on the sides too.  This gives height which will afford me to have double tags inserted into a pocket if I wish to record more stash at a later date.  The tags have the journal lines printed on both sides and its pretty useful for those of us who need to have 1 of everything in a range or collection :-)


The labels I printed off my laptop and are also secured with foam tape.  Everything is inked with vintage photo and the laces and trims are all leftover pieces from other projects - as you can see their lengths are small and its a really awesome way to have found a use for them. 


On the inside of the front cover I secured a black piece of chipboard with a black clip.  This acts like a board to clip your list on.  I recently started a white and blue project and found this little clip board useful to record items I wanted to buy to complete the project.  


See a note slipped under the slip.  As you can see the front of the booklet has not use at this stage.  At a later date a pocket can be adhered to it to render this little booklet even more versatile. 

Supplies used

An ABC Primer by Graphic 45
- Jumping Joan for the chipboard cover
- Calico Kids for the inside page
Primrose Journal Page by Marion Smith
Chipboard, white card stock to print on
Blue and white ribbon (my senior school blazer)
Black Felt Flourish by Ornate Accents
Glass beaded leaf accessory bought locally
Rolled flowers - Cameo Silhouette
Prima leaves, black stationery clip
Tim Holtz adage ticket
Black and Creme flower bought locally
Fibers, laces and trims from my stash
Black and white ribbon 

This booklet is awesome ladies, I have used it on several shopping trips since I created it.  Make one for yourself and never duplicate a purchase again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs