Monday 2 July 2012

Baby Boy Chipboard Mini Album

Hey crafty people, today I am sharing with you a baby boy mini album I created.  I used pre-cut chipboard; each cut into a different shape.  I bought this chipboard album at Paperlane, a local scrapbook store I design for - they have a super store and an on-line option!  This mini book, along with other varieties, can be bought at Paperlane and it is perfect for a quick project or gift. The papers are a Baby Boy kit by Deja Views and the non kit embellishments are by Jolees Boutique all available at Paperlane

I loved making this album - it was super easy!  Its hard to believe that a 4 page chipboard mini book can house so many precious memories; and that is exactly what a baby is...precious!  We cannot take enough pics of that beautiful face!

The cover is so simple; I glued down my paper, sanded the edges and added the bottle sticker from Jolees Boutique - super easy people!!  I bound the album with blue hair elastic bands and added blue and brown checkered ribbon, some beads and a blue pacifier and bottle as charms!  A pastel blue star shaped button and et voila!!



In such a mini i.e.  4 chipboard pages, one becomes very creative with inserts and tags.  Take a look...
Page with tags
Page without tags
On this page (above) you can adhere a nice size photo to the page itself and with all the tags that insert into the pocket, you can add so many photos of your precious baby
I remember taking so many photos of my dauhghters' faces only especially when they slept; and for this reason I made a mini insert that can house 6 photos like that!  I popped a car paperclip through a hole in the round mini tag to hold it in place - super cute people!!  Lots of real estate on this page!
The above images are the back and front of the tags that insert into the pocket.  The blue and red scalloped shapes serves as journalling spots. 
The 2nd chipboard shape is shown above with a nice size scalloped circle for a photograph.  The circle with the dragonfly image is a journalling spot - comes with the collection.
Page without the tags
Above images are back and front of tags

I love the 10 things I love about my baby boy pocket as shown in the image above.  This paper collection is so cute and adorable.  Makes things so easy people - buy a shaped chipboard album, a collection and design - eazy peazy!
Page without tags

Tags
I love making these mini onesie's for baby albums; they are so cute especially when you adhere a bit of lace on the sleeves.  I love this page; it has so many tags to hold all those precious moments!


Page without tags

 
Created acetate pocket to accommodate tags

Onesie on a photo mat



The next page is my most favourite in this album!  The centre panel iso cute and has place for 8 photographs.


I halfed the image and they serve as photo mats; it is easy to slide a tag under the cute bee image to record details.  The flaps lift open from the left hand side.

The flaps are secured with velkro



Photo mat can hold 6 photographs

The final page has a workable frame and shows off a cute envelope with inserts that can either be used for photographs or for recording the birth experience or baby's first day home or first bath, etc. 



And finally the back of the album - quite simple really; just displaying the awesome papers.

When I created this album I had the idea to sell it but since then people it has found a home - I hope you enjoy the  album Nina and may you and your baby be blessed!!!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs