Monday 2 July 2012

Vintage Layout

When I saw this photo of my niece I knew I would do a layout!  Such a beautiful photograph and so vintage looking...


I am sorry people, and I do apologise but I cannot remember what brand of papers I used but I do know the frame I printed off the net!


The ribbon is bought from a local supplier and the rose metal flower is from a old chain necklace I bought at a flea market and took apart.  The chipboard oval frame is by Dusty Attic and I embossed the frame.  The flower paper inside the oval frame is by Echo Park, This & That,  Pearls I hot glued, brown mini roses are from WOC and the vintage creme lace I bought at a vintage store a while back. I made the stick pin with items from my stash.


The embossing technique I used I learnt from a Iris Babao Uy workshop - awesome technique.  I will do a tutorial on my blog soon.


The green and brown flowers are by Prima; I cannot recall the details of the glitter edged flower.  The creme lace from a local supplier and the green trim is by Paperlane.  The birdcage is also from the London Market Collection.


The chipboard swirl is a Tim Holtz die cut and the butterfly is from the London Market collection.  I used the same embossing technique on the swirl.  The olive green lace trim is by Paperlane.


The eiffel tower post card, red and black stamp are also from the London Market collection.


The dressform I stamped with a script stamp and used a flower as a skirt - I bought that flower trim from a local supplier - really awesome trims here in Dubai.  I dampened some vintage seam binding from WOC, crumbled it up and allowed it to dry naturally before tying the bow around the waist.


More Prima flowers and roses.


Love that dress form...


I used glossy accents to highlight the bird, vines and leaves on the frame and I really love how it turned out.


More of the detail on the frame!


One last look...

I made it as a birthday gift for her and I really hope she enjoys it. 

Let me know what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs