Monday 16 July 2012

Shabby Chic Tags

Shabby chic is one of my favourite styles to scrapbook with.  My sister loves reading and more often than not she is reading more than two books at a time.  In this post I share two tags I made for her; one in  shabby chic colours and the other in lavender purple tones ...


I used the Pretty in Pink paper pad by Glitz - super gorgeous paper!  I made most of the flowers on this tag and there are also some WOC and Prima roses. 



I made the two flowers with the pearl centres - 1 with a throw away top I had and the other with string!  Love how they turned out!


Lace inserted under the rosette - I coloured the white rosette with creme de chocolat glimmer mist diluted with water.  The little flower is a sweetheart blossom by WOC.


Layered lace under the flowers and added a Prima rose on a mulberry flower also coloured with diluted creme de chocolat glimmer mist!  The swirls are stamped and then embossed.


I love making these hearts with craft wire!  Pink pom pom wool forms parts of the fibres I threaded through the eyelet on the pink tag.  I made the stick pin and the material flower.  


I used Prima Meadow Lark papers for this tag - chose neutral patterns and tones to highlight the net type of material used to create a pocket.  The flower is pretty gorgeous and the heart string is a favourite of mine!  Again I used wool and fibres along with a shoe charm - my sister loves shoes!!




I made a rosette from dark mauve ribbon and glued it down over the centre of the eyelet.  Two lavender artificial roses alongside the rosette and a Prima button to finish it off.  This swirl is stamped with aged mahogany distressed ink. Corner stickers from my stash.


Front (top image) and back (bottom image) of tags


So go ahead and make your own tags - its super easy and fun to make!!

Thanks for stopping by people and please do leave a comment!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs