Tuesday 31 July 2012

Goodie Bag Swap

I altered this paper bag for a swap I am doing with a dear scrappy friend.  She loves vintage/shabby chic so I embellished the goodie bag as close to her liking as possible.  I love how the bag turned out!  I can now safely post the pictures of it too because she has just received it in the mail.

There are many embellishments on this glassine wax type bag and it is such a super size so I could fill it with awesome goodies


First I stamped the front of the bag with a script stamp and inked the edges with distress ink.  I punched holes on the top so I could loop some WOC vintage seam binding.  I cut a square of brown paper, used a Martha Stewart punch on the edge and adhered it to the front of the bag. I layered some Pion papers with distressed edges on the top of that.


The above image shows off beautiful vintage lace that is an off white almost ivory shade.  The circle image is by Pink Paislee - the London Market collection; fits with the Pion papers perfectly.


The vintage lady in the above image is also from Pion Papers with WOC roses and stick pin.  The skeleton leaf is from IAR and the green flower from Prima flowers.  Lace trim on the edge of the bag was bought at a local supplier.

Another IAR skeleton leaf with some IAR flowers and a brad from my stash.  How gorgeous is that vintage lady!!


Another IAR flower with a pearl centre.  The beautiful brown rose is also from IAR and the bow is lace from my stash - that was the last bit of lace in that style and the length created a perfect bow - I love using that lace when crafting in vintage style!!


A close up image of the different embellishments in the centre of the bag.


I covered the goodies in the bag with a couple of beautiful rose pattered serviettes which can in turn be used to decoupage and/or mod podge onto a project.


Side views of the goodie bag.


The back of the bag - as you can see I scatter stamped butterfly images all over it.

This view shows the bulge the bag caused because all the yummies inside.

For this goodie bag swap we had to fill the bag with 5 new scrapbooking items and 5 items from our stash.  I added some extra goodies - why not???  A goodie bag should be filled with treats and surprises :-)

I am always happy to do a swap so let me know if you want to participate in one with me.  This swap is with a lady who lives in Holland so yeah I especially love doing international swaps because you get some yummies you cannot find in your own country!!

I have also started a Dubai Secret Sisters Swap Group - so if you are from Dubai or anywhere else in the UAE and want to join in just click the request to join button.  See the link on the side of my Facebook Profile.

Thanks for stopping by and please do leave a comment...

1 comment:

  1. came here from Irene's blog. Didn't know you had a blog :)) I'am sure your friend will love your lovely creation.
    xxNeelu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs