Wednesday 8 May 2013

Birthday Gifts

My daughter Hannah turned a glorious 13 on the 6th of April!  A long awaited age for her "grin". My daughters love it when I make something for them - whenever I buy a gift they always say "why did you not make something mommy?"...So in tribute to that, and because I love creating for girls, I made several keepsakes for her..

First up is her birthday card.  Everything I used is from the Bo Bunny Little Miss Collection.  You should have seen her face when she opened the envelope....

Second is a guest book!  I created this fun book using 1 12x12 sheet of paper - all the papers are from The Preppy Princess Paper Stack by DCWV.  Her party guests and school friends wrote birthday messages on the tags - a lovely keepsake to treasure forever.  I used various papers and embellishments - all to compliment her personality...



Third gift is an embellished letter H!  Again all the embellishments are Bo Bunny Little Miss and the paper is from DCWV The Preppy Princess Stack.  I loved how this turned out and all her friends were trying to hustle something similar as gifts from her when next they had birthdays "smile"



Fourth gift was a door hanger.  In my home we respect each others privacy- when door are closed we knock and wait for permission to enter.  She is such a girly diva I simply had to create something to hang outside her door. I paper pierced the Prima doll stamp with papers from the Life Time Collection.




The fifth gift was a handbag I made using a paper plate.  Pretty simple really...fold the paper plate in half and glue.  Add beautiful paper (I used a 12x12 sheet from Echo Park's Dearest Mom Paper Collection), some lace, a ribbon and some beautiful flowers.  She loved it...


Last but not least I altered two notebook.  She loves to journal and always has her notebook and pen handy.


I had so much fun making all of these and in the end I have to agree...a handmade gift is priceless!

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs