Saturday 3 August 2013

A Ladies Diary Card

One of the ladies in my swap group has recently left Dubai and it was with sadness that we combined our last swap with a farewell lunch for her.  Her creativity and cheerfulness will be missed.  

I made a card for her not only as a memento but with enough "space' for all of us to write a personal message to her.  I thought about the design and style for a bit because I know she loves to work with bright colours but in the end I chose the papers from the glorious Graphic 45... A Ladies Diary,  Who would not love a card designed with these papers??!!  

So without further ado, let me show you the cover before we tuck into the inside pages...it is quite unique.


On the cover I used lots of lace and flowers.  I also distressed everything with my white dabber to give it more of a vintage shabby look.




With this card I wanted to create something she would treasure as a keepsake representing the group and not me so I divided two additional plain card stock sheets to fit inside of the card to accommodate all the messages of the different members of the group.  Next I fussy cut various ladies from the paper collection to represent the group.  I also punched holes in the middle page, ran a silkystring through it and added a heart charm.  On the last page I added a group photo!

The page below is the inside of the first page of the card

The image below is the middle section of the card
 The image below is the last page of the card
 The image below is the back of the card
 The card showing the various pages

Dont you just love the ladies in the design of this awesome paper collection...

I thought...felt it quite apt to fussy cut the different ladies on the awesome papers...after all our group does consist of the most awesome group of ladies :-)


When you work with Graphic 45 papers anything you create is bound to tbe appreciated!!

Hope you like the card................


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs