Monday 5 March 2012

Shabby Chic Mini Album

I always admire the shabby chic mini albums' on YouTube and was dying to make one but did not feel I had the right embellishments on hand. To delay such a project even more whenever I went to the local scrap shop I bought for whatever projects I was busy with and of course they were not yet shabby chic!  A few weeks ago I started creating a design for an album; that is always how I go about a new album - I design first and decide on theme and embellishments after.  I decided shabby chic and challenged myself to use whatever I had in my scrap room only and I am happy to confirm I did not buy a single item for this album. 

The papers and paper embellishments are a free kit I downloaded from the Internet ages go. About 80% of the flowers are artificial and the tags are cut from file folders I found.I used brushed corduroy and vintage photo,The binding is hair bands - an idea I got from Belinda Akers; a very talented lady on YouTube.  I used cereal boxes instead of chipboard and covered them in wrapping paper I had on hand. This paper was perfect not only because of its colours but also because of  the bird cages. 

Thanks for stopping by :-)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs