Thursday 6 December 2012

Theresa Collins Christmas Cottage

A warm hello to all you Paper Laners out there!  For those of you who celebrate Christmas I am sure the excitement is building up and your minds are aflood with ideas on how to make your celebration perfect this year!  I hope my projects inspire you to create some of your own to add to the cheer of your celebrations with family and loved ones!

The Christmas Cottage collection by Theresa Collins is a perfect Christmas collection with combinations of red cream and green.  Her line is classic and timeless and one could use it year after year and it will always still be perfect!  She hoped to inspire cottage coziness with her line too and I think she did that just...you can be the judge of that too.


For my Christmas projects I created a card, a tussie mussie, a cracker and a daily.  I used some bits and bobs and leftovers from last year and actual Christmas trimmings for my decorations.  I created simple projects, something anyone can do to add to the theme and feel of Christmas in your home.

Christmas Tussie Mussie




A tussie mussie is really easy to make; just roll your 12x12 sheet in the shape of a cone, secure and decorate.  Fill it with a gift envelope, yummy chocolates, candy bars, etc.  Children love it and they squeal with delight when they find lollipops and candy bars filled inside!

Christmas Cracker




I made my Christmas cracker with an empty paper towel holder - I cut it down to the size I wanted and filled it with candy I bought at Candylicious - I placed the candy in a sealed plastic bag first!!  Next some red paper that I had kept from flower packaging from a bouquet, then hot glued some lace on the edges on both sides, some beautiful Theresa Collins Christmas paper, a sticker and some Christmas embellishments - eazy peazy!!

Christmas Card



I layered 3 pieces of beautiful papers from the range; each a quarter inch smaller, matted a sticker from the sticker pack, some ribbon and again actual Christmas embellishments and my card was complete.  I love the feel of the card, so Christmasy!!

Christmas Daily



I made this Christmas Daily for a friend and I plan to gift it to her for Christmas  I used 6x6 chipboard for the covers, 3 binder rings and mainly papers from the collection  Used leftovers from lat year's projects, stickers, chipboard pieces and Christmas embellishments.

These projects are easy to make and make wonderful gifts for any occasion.  With the exception of the Christmas trimmings everything I used on my projects can be purchased at Paper Lane.  Plus Paper Lane has so much more in their store which can only add to the project you have in mind.  So pop on over to the store and purchase your goodies now while stocks ast!!

I hope you will try some of your own .. until next time..Janine





2 comments:

  1. This sure is a pack of amazing crafted goodies!! Love the cracker.....it's my fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Christmas.....awesome....love the christmas spirit...love the concept of tussie mussie...never seen anything like this before....:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs