Wednesday 24 April 2013

Birds Nest

Hello crafty people....I have been busy busy in my little craft room creating all kinds of stuff...some   for Paper Lane and some for me.  Loved making the Prima Tag (click on the name if you want to see the post) using the left over scraps from the Life Time Collection.  I also made several gifts for my daughters birthday (post to come soon) and a birds nest from this basket thingie...


I bought this wrought iron like basket at Daiso last year some time with the intention of putting it to use as my bits and bobs container which I need when crafting.  But of course the holes in the wire just rendered it useless for that and I did not pursue any ideas on how to utilize it at the time!  I put it aside and while cleaning my room last weekend I found it and placed it within view to do somethign with it. For those of you who know me personally you know I love birds and bird gardens etc...by the way did you see the bird house garden I created??  Click on the name to see the post!

Anyway I got the idea to create a birds nest in the basket while I was browsing pinterest.  I love it and I keep adding bits and bobs to it...seems the idea to have it as a bits and bobs container has some truth in it after all :-)

So take a look and let me know what you think....................













I used strings of burlap, old potpourri (I never throw anything away), twigs, an assortment of artificial flowers, some eggs, bit of shiny bling.  Obviously the two birds - I hot glued the green bird on the rim of the basket and the red/pink one inside the nest near the eggs.

It is so pretty - photographs just does not do it justice.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs