Wednesday 17 April 2013

Dubai Word Book

Hey hey scrappy friends...here is a fun project I wish to share with you!

This DUBAI word book with awesome matching themed papers is designed and sold by Paper Lane. The decorative matching 12x12 papers depict watermarks of all the famous landmarks and tourist attractions of Dubai.  They are pretty awesome with tones of blue, gold, red and greens; double sided and lovely to work with.  

So without further blabber, let me show you how I decorated the word book:


The image above shows the book at a glance. I mostly chose blue as my base colour to decorate the chipboard pages. Dubai is always summery and what better way to decorate than to depict that. Sunflowers throughout reflect the sun and lots of colour in flowers to portray summer and fun in the sun!


On the cover and D of Dubai I coloured a chipboard palm tree and camel with distress inks; added some bright sunny flowers, ribbons, fibres, charms and edged the chipboard with gold glitter.


On the reverse side I made a little envelope held together with a green mini peg; it opens up to reveal a journaling spot.  The mini envelope is only glued down a the top so trip paraphernalia can be inserted under the envelope.






I love this page! On the page I stenciled a sun with glimmer mist. before decorating.  The red paper on the die cut is also from the Dubai paper collection. What is Dubai without a palm tree!!


This is my favourite page! I fussy cut the camels from a page in the collection, highlighted the gold on the camels with glitter and only glued down the sides so it is easy to slide photos behind the camels. The dark reddish scalloped shape helps to reflect the night in a desert sky. I could not resist the silver moon in the corner. I bought 3 decorative camels at a tourist kiosk and ladies...how cute are they!!



The image above shows all the fibres and ribbons I knotted around the binding rings. I chose colours that are scattered throughout the book and added the green and red ribbon to reflect the national colours of Dubai. Of course who can resist adding the Burj Al Arab keyring found all over!.

Ladies this makes an awesome gift for family and friends who come to visit. I will be using this book to record photo's of my sister's visit last year. So pop into the store, buy the book and the papers and do it...it is easy! Scrapbooking is such fun. See you all soon...

1 comment:

  1. Hey..nice article! I enjoyed it very much. You can find out the most amazing Scrapbooking store in Dubai. Its nice that you have shared, keep posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs