Thursday 17 May 2012

Paper Bag Tags

One of my favourite colour combinations to project with is a Kraft colour combined with white - I just love it!! To me it is dreamy, soothing, kind of shabby and almost vintage :-).

Inspired by an extremely talented lady on youtube - Juliana - I created two paper bag tags - one I gifted to a lovely couple who invited us for an awesome dinner and the second set has yet to find a owner!

The two pictures below depict the front and back of the mini paper bag I used. The front and back of the paper bag I randomly painted with white acrylic paint. I folded the top of the paper bag over about 1 inch and punched holes through it.


On the front of the bag (above) I glued down a hand torn piece of white mulberry paper and adhered a square of Kraft coloured corrugated cardboard on top of that.  I roughly tore to size a black and white image printed off the internet and adhered that to the corrugated board.  I decorated with flowers, butterfly, lace, trim, string and burlap.


The back of the mini paper bag (above) I  ran some string through my punched holes and tied it with a bauble. In the centre of my artificial flower I placed a porcelain rose.  Some trim, a random strip of blue paper and my bag was complete!!

I used a standard ranger tag and glued a piece of recycled brown paper - punched a hole, threaded and knotted some hemp.  Glued down a torn strip of mulberry paper near the bottom of the tag and centred a paper doily.  Cut out a shape printed from my computer, distressed inked it with vintage photo and adhered to the doily.  Stamped a sentiment in blue ink, tied a blue bow and added some white and blue flowers.



On the back of the tag I glued down a torn strip of blue paper - the same paper used on the paper bag.  Next I cut a strip of Kraft wrapping paper and punched two sides with a Martha Stewart decorative punch.  I crumbled it in my hand, straightened it out and glued down onto the strip of blue paper.  Glued down a Petaloo white flower and my project was complete!!

These paper bag tags make awesome gifts and any colour combination can be used. This set I gifted and I will be uploading the second set I made soon soon.

Thanks for stopping by...



1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs