Thursday 17 May 2012

BoBunny Weekend Market Book

This awesome paper collection was part of my first DT package from Paperlane and I loved working with it.  I was inspired by a fellow youtuber 'WhatYouMakeIt' and my project resulted in an envelope pocket mini album with a mixed media cover.   I will fill this album with photographs of my father - after all the paper has a distinctive masculine feel to it.




I used an old piece of jewellery and loved the look of it on the cover.  The Tim Holtz swivel clasp is a perfect closure for the project. I burnt the edges of the lace piece and all the embellishments contributed wonderfully to the overall look of the cover.



The cover opens to reveal the first two pages.  On the left hand side I punched a scallop, added it to matching cardstock and inserted under the photo frame to be used as a personal journal note.  The bingo card is from an actual bingo game that I bought specifically to be used on my projects.  Bling in the artificial flowers is part of the weekend market collection.  With the exception of a few, all embellishments used are part of the collection.
                 


 The page opens to the left to reveal the above 3 page layout.  Below are close ups of the pages




I wound one length  of creme vintage lace throughout the book and it ties in a knot to secure the rest of the pages within this mini album.  



The above page unties from the lace knot to reveal another two pages.  Below are close ups of those two pages.



The photo below indicates how the one flap lifts up to the left to reveal a 3 page layout.



 Following are close ups of the pages



The  page layout closes and the page turns to reveal this two page layout below.  The page with the compass image in turn opens to reveal another 3 page layout.






This collection has some stunning embellishments.  The pale blue flowers are from my stash. The butterflies are from Jolee's Boutique.



Below is an image of the tags which fit into the envelope pockets.


I enjoyed making this album and I trust you enjoyed viewing my photographs too.

Thank you for stopping by...





1 comment:

  1. Your book is fantabulous...love it! I had a ton of fun looking through all of your posts....you are so very creative and I found a lot of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs