Wednesday 4 December 2013

Altered Canvas


Hi there crafters, today I wish to share with you a canvas I made using Prima Life Time Collection other Prima Products.  I love dabbling in mixed media almost as much as I enjoy shabby chic and with the Prima Life Time papers, mixed media is a breeze because most of the work has been done for you  You must make a visit to the store and take a look at the awesome papers...I am sure by the evidence of most of my DT projects it is quite obvious how enthralled I am with this collection.

So lets take a look at my canvas...
I love the feminine theme of the canvas; a princess to oneself, family all important and enjoying the little things in life.  Flowers is one of the ultimate loves of a woman and what better way to express that than a bunch of beautiful Prima flowers!

The tree and picket fence was part of a RAK from a friend and the the word sentiments are cut outs from the awesome paper collection.  I added a Prima heart button in the center for additional symbolism . 
The butterfly, sunflowers and mini flowers are from my stash.  A Prima Life Time buttons and smile tag complete that corner
I used a variety of Prima flowers from various collections; all dabbed with white acrylic paint.  The wooden clock and sentiments on the side are Prima and designed by the awesome Finnabair!
Using permanent black ink I stamped the Prima doll stamp on papers from the collection that had a brownish hue.  I also stamped the skirt and bodice on different papers from the collection too, cut them out, added a strip of lace and then adhered to the doll.  I just could not resist adding a glittered Maya Road crown to the stamped crown on the doll's hair - love it!  

I just love the cluster of Prima flowers...who wouldn't!!
I used a variety of masks, stencils, inks, paints and sprays on the canvas before adding my embellishments   As I was using my mod podge, gesso and pastes I had no idea what the final look of the canvas would be...and how do I feel about it??  Love the outcome, will add a final glaze spray to help hold and maintain the canvas so I can keep it for a long time to come.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you find inspiration to create one of your own...Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs