Sunday 22 December 2013

Wall Hanging

I created this for a very special friend of mine to display in her craft room.  I was inspired by all the wonderful crafters who were altering Tim Holtz clocks and sadly these were not available in the UAE at the time.  Even though the completed projects were inspirational I wanted to create something a bit different.  I loved making this and I used such a variety of products.


The base of this project is a round cork place mat (the size of a side plate).  I had decided to use papers from Marion Smith's romantic novel collection so as you can see in the image below, I hot glued lace around the place mate to hide the cork from view.


Since TH clocks were unavailable I popped into Daiso and bought a cheap similar looking clock. Of course I had to open it up and remove the insides so that I would have an empty face to decorate and could not remember how to put it back together again lol..........

The images speak for themselves...as you will note I used a variety of flowers and embellishments!










I loved how it turned out and feel a sense of pride whenever I pop in at my friend's home (which is often) and see this creation of mine hanging on her craft room wall!

Try something new...something different...and when you cannot find the product you are looking for...think outside of the box and find a solution...you will be surprised how easy it can be!!

...thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs