Monday 16 December 2013

Bon Voyage Cards

A warm hello to all you wonderful crafters.  Christmas is fast approaching and here in Dubai most are leaving on vacation to spend the festivities with family and friends back home. I thought a most appropriate time to share with you my bon voyage cards I created using World Traveler papers by Carta Bella.  I used the same paper collection to create a Travel Journal (please click on the words to see the post).

These papers are so great to work with; they are thick and the colours are deep and rich and to me, quite suitable for masculine cards too.

                         

For the first card I layered 3 different papers, fussy cut the stamps, hot air balloon and the compass images from various paper within the collection. I used vintage photo ink and distressed all the paper edges with the Tim Holtz paper distresser.


The frame and Bon Voyage sticker is also from the collection.  My 1 inch circle punch was perfect to cut the compass images!!


The second card has a black cardstock base and I layered different papers.  The well traveled guy chipboard piece is from the collection.  


The red dotted banner is on black cardstock that slides under the coiled twine flower; it opens up to reveal a tag and a die cut from the collection - both places  for an additional or special message


Inside the card I layered cardstock and created banners.  Lovely big space to write a long message.


Hope I inspired you to create bon voyage cards AND some masculine card with this awesome papers.  Do take photographs of your creations and post them on our Facebook page.

Happy crafting...Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs