Wednesday 12 September 2012

Atlantis Layout

To me Atlantis is and will always be one of my best memories of living in Dubai.  I often contemplate how lucky we are to be able to go there anytime we choose and of course the weather is always perfect for it!

Last year December we did not go home as we always do but instead had Jessica and Matthew visiting for a few weeks and what fun family time we had!  Of course Atlantis was on the outing schedule and the images in my layout show how Michael captured the girls kissing Lisa the dolphin.


I used a 12x12 sheet from the Tradewinds DCWV paperstack.  This paper is awesome and so versatile - see how perfect the  design on the paper is for a water themed layout!  


The images were glued down onto blue cardstock that was matted onto a beigy cardstock.  Each image was surrounded by flowers which was glittered and inked.  I placed a K&Co bauble in the center of each flower.  I embossed and glittered the flower that has the shell in the middle.


I used the actual visitors wrist band you receive to suffice as the title of my layout.  Lots of felt swirls and twirls to symbolize water.  I painted the right hand corner of the chipboard blue, rolled back the paper, dabbed some blue paint on it and secured with glossy accents.  A shell in the corner completed the look!


Each image was cupped by a K&Co glittered leaf embellishment.


On the right side of each image I secured 3 pale blue stones onto blue lace.  I cut a strip of blue glittery almost transparent type of material I have in my stash and covered the stones with it - I secured it with a white glittered flower.  The effect is almost coral like and really pretty to see!

'
A while back I had bought a few white ceramic dolphins; I had intended to decorate my guest bathroom with it and somehow it traveled with my stash to Dubai.  I painted it with blue acrylic pain, used glossy accents and tiny blue bling for its eyes.  Bling and gel swirls around it create the illusion of movement.



I love the effect I created as shown in the image below.  I cut the paper at an angle, distressed the edges and turned it up slightly.  I glued down some glittery blue/green/orange.brown ric rac trim on the edge of the upturned paper.

Next I painted the chipboard with white acrylic paint; when dry I randomly finger painted with the same blue paint I used on the dolphin and top corner.  When dry I ran my glue stick over the painted area and drizzled some actual sea sand onto it.  I then adhered the white felt trim to create the illusion of some wave foam and randomly placed pale blue stones on it.  Next a cluster of shells and a sea turtle as a final embellishment!  


I love love this layout - not only does it remind me of the fabulous time we all had together but I totally stepped out of my normal layout routine, used different techniques and used non scrapbook embellishments - awesome effect!

I used this layout as a Paper Lane challenge.  Besides the obvious non scrapbook embellishments, everything I used on this layout was bought at Paper Lane (click on the name to go directly to their blogspot).

Paper Lane is the largest scrapbooking store in Dubai and stocks everything you can dream of - the staff is friendly, the owner awesome and it boasts some really talented ladies on the design team.  I am blessed to be part of the design team.

I hope you enjoyed my project and i hope you can find inspiration to try something different on your next  layout.  Thanks for stopping by and do leave a comment...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs