Sunday 30 September 2012

The Shabby Tea Room - The White Challenge

I have recently taken to entering challenges and I am simply loving it!! I have not won any challenge yet but as I said I have just started....so watch this space "grin"

I also love shabby chic; it is, like for so many others, my favourite style to craft with. When The Shabby Tea Room posted their White Challenge I knew I had to enter. 

I altered 3 aluminium herb pots on a tray............I hope you like the way they turned out...


I cleaned them and painted them with white acrylic paint quite a few times. I decoupaged beautiful rose paper serviettes onto the pots with mod podge. 


As you can see I intend using them to store some of my really precious white laces!  The white butterflies are from 3D Accents and are so perfect for this project.



This beautiful delicate ruffled lace was gifted by a friend of mine - thank you Irene! I ran a white beaded string around the pot too and I love how it gives it that something special!  


The intricate lace around the bottom of the pot was gifted to be by another very special friend of mine - thank you Swati!  It completes the look of the pots don't you think??!!


 Different angles......just love love the soft effect crafting with white creates!


These are my favourite views......



Images of the paper serviettes I used - really pretty don't you think??!!

And finally this is more or less what they looked like to start of with............


Hop on over to the shabby tea room and see the beautiful white creations that so many talented ladies have submitted for this challenge!

Wish me luck...........



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs