Sunday 30 September 2012

Goodie Box for Secret Sisters Swap Group

Hi all, I recently started a swap group in Dubai and our second swap, which I hosted on Saturday 15th September, was a goodie box swap.  Rules of the swap was to buy 5 new items not exceeding the agreed amount and to fill the rest of the box with goodies from your stash.  I loved how my box turned out and took some photographs which I am sharing and detailing in this post...enjoy


The image above is my box at a glance...went for a slightly vintagy style but wanted to make it unique and also suitable to be kept in a craft room or space to store craft stash


I cut the delicate flourish and September calender month and wording with my Cameo, ink distressed it, embossed it and stamped it with a script stamp. I love the effect the layering of the Prima flowers on the flourish!!!


The dress form was also cut with my Cameo and I embossed it with copper powder.  I bought the vintage looking doily at a thrift shop and cut it to the size as indicated on the box.  Under the doily is really pretty green lace and on top of the doily is a brown lace flower.  Gold butterfly is a button by Bo Bunny and of course the rose and flowers are by Prima.  The 3 paper roses on the side was cut with my cameo and I dabbed it with white acrylic paint for additional effect.


Layers of lace, ribbon and flowers - love the gold corner embellishments I used on this box.


Layers of flower clusters fill this corner of the box and that awesome butterfly is yes...you guessed it...cut with my Cameo; it is so pretty.  I inked and glittered it and placed some bling on the wing.



Again the image above shows layers of lace and ribbon and  layers of  clustered flowers - so pretty; all kinds of different matching  flowers I found while rummaging through my stash. Under the flowers is a lace   doily I cut with my Cameo and at the back of it is a flourish and a wooded ticket - love the effect!!


Flourish frame, scissors with wording all cut with my Cameo.  I traced the shape on a sheet of Prima Printery paper and adhered the tow together with glossy accents.  Under the flourish frame I glued 4 buttons to give the illusion of 3D effect for this centre piece.


Views of the different sides of the box - as you can see I just ran some lace around the bottom.  I bought the box as is and I loved the vintage look of it and therefor did not cover it with patterned paper.


 Filled with yummies...of course I went over board as usual but the pleasure is in the giving right??!!

There is a page on my blog dedicated to the swap group; click on that page to see images of the other goodie boxes.

Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs