Monday 1 October 2012

Summer Banner and Goodie Bag

My daughter loves banners, we make them throughout the year even when it is time for her to write examinations at school. So it was a natural inclination to make a summer banner to string against the wall in her bedroom.

I used the vibrant Paradise Beach papers by Echo Park for these projects. They are so colourful and easy to work with.  This project is so easy ladies really I am not joking; anybody can do this and your children will love this fun banner in their bedroom.  Everything I used and more, to create this banner, can be purchased at Paperlane. Here is what you do...

- cut out banner shapes (I used my Cameo)
- ink the edges with distress ink (I used chipped sapphire)
- punch circles with a circle punch - for the front and the  back
- punch a hole in the circles (I used my crop-o-dile)
- line up 2 circles, insert  a eyelet and secure (not too tight - you need to move the banner shapes)
- press lightly all over the banner with paint dabbers (I used white and pool colours)
- decorate with flowers, Echo Park stickers, chip board and other embellishments
- the 'summer' sticker is by Jolee's Boutique
- thread ribbon through the first eyelet, around the back and into the second eyelet
so that it can be hung against a wall
 "finish"


That is all there is to it ladies; just do it, its easy and your children will love it!!

The second part of this project is a 'summer goodie bag'.  My daughter is away but had she stayed in Dubai for the summer vacation I would have made this goodie bag for her and filled it with coupons and tags that would hold various acitivities for her to do. 

I used a yellow paper bag and decorated it with some pom pom trim, flowers and brads. Take a look at the photos to see what I mean...



Again ladies all the papers are from the Paradise Beach paper collection and the alphabet and stickers are part of the Echo Part range. Ribbons and little balls used on the tags are from my stash.


I punched a hole on one end each of the bag and ran some yellow checkered ribbon to function as a handle on the paper bag.  I punched some butterflies and glued them on the ribbon; take a look...


Who would not love a goodie bag filled with outings, ideas and treats??!!  So go ahead, pop into Paperlane's awesome store, pick your papers and embellishments and make a banner and a goodie bag!!  And don't forget to post your pictures, we would love to see your creations. 

I hope I inspired you to make some summer projects!  Take care and 'see' you on Facebook...Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs