Friday 5 October 2012

Altered Photo Frame

Here is an altered frame I did in a 3 way swap with two dear friends.  The frames are from Ikea and was donated courteousy of Swati - thank you Swati!

I applied some clear crackle and was not happy with the outcome so ventured to alter it much more.  I chose blue as my theme colour with a Websters Pages background.


 The above image shows the photo frame at a glance.  I just love the soft look about it :-)


I tied vintage lace and a blue ribbon into bows and secured them in the top corner of the frame.  The camel brown rose is by Prima and I added a blue heart and a pearl center to the bows; love the soft feel of the color combination.


I cut some burlap into a heart shape and secured a Prima heart shaped button in the center with some twine.  I spun some blue beaded spray on the one side of the frame only.  As you can see I created some texture with gesso on the frame itself.


Behind the blue swirl is a piece of gold ribbon netting.  I tucked the end of the beaded spray behind there and secured it all with a beautiful flower by Prima.


The small flowers above were cut with a punch and kraft coloured cardstock.  I embossed it, dabbed some paint on it and added a pearl center.


I love these swirls with the bling - they are called Bling Board by Scrappy Cat; I bought them a long while ago and I have never seen them in stores again


To complete the look I dangled a beaded charm from under  the bows.  The Websters Petite Pages sheet of paper was sprayed with Autumn Nights glimmer mist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs