Tuesday 2 October 2012

Washi Tape Project


Have you ladies stepped outside your usual wash tape usage???  I tried to think of something easy and simple to do with washi tape and came up with this incredibly simple project..........

 A container for my glitter pens!!!


All the flowers on the container I made with washi tape.  I also ran the tape on a curve around the container.


Items you will need:
unused container
(I used a beverage container with the inside removed)
plastic container
A4 sheet of copy paper, washi tape
buttons, lace, scrap piece of paper
scissors, circle punch
bone folder, scoreboard
glossy accents, glue or glue gun


To create your washi tape paper line the paper with strips of washi tape until its fully covered.  Make sure the edges of your tape meet up perfectly and where there is a pattern try to line it up as best as you can.


To make the flower:

- cut a 1.5 inch strip of the washi tape paper you made
- scored the strips at every quarter inch (I used my Martha Stewart scoring board)
- using an accordion style fold on each score line - use your bone folder
- join the two ends with adhesive of your choice (I used glossy accents)
- using a scrap piece of white paper punch a circle with your circle punch
- place some hot glue on the circle
- bring the center part of your scored paper together and adhere to the punched circle
- hold down onto the hot glue for a bit and release

- adhere the buttons to the center of the flower with a glue gun or any adhesive of your choice.


The paper is quite sturdy once you have lined it with strips of washi tape.  I put my paper in my cameo and cut the delicate dress form, the Eiffel tower, the swirls and the delicate doily in the images below


I hope I inspired you to give it a try - it is very easy to do!  Plus you are also AND you are making a very pretty item to line your craft shelf!

Pop into Paper Lane...they have a variety of washi tape at very affordable prices.  

See you there...Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs