Thursday 18 October 2012

Rustic Shabby Card

Hey crafters, my project  today is a card with a tag and I am entering it in The Shabby Tea Room week # 136 "rustic elegance" challenge and in The Ribbon Reel # 39 challenge "shabby naturals" challenge.  If you are curious about their website just click on their names above to go directly to the challenge.  Awesome websites people and worth the effort!


I cut the checkered bag to the desired size using decorative scissors - the twine used in the tag peeps out from the pocket as the photograph below indicates...


The Prima burlap flower was got glued onto the center part of the vintage doily - I cut out that part and the tiny roses look so pretty in the center. 


I used canvas ribbon and lace from my stash  The leaves are also old stash which I have had for a long time - they were initially used for wedding favours I had made.


Its barely visible but I used white Adirondack paint dabber on the buttons to give it that shabby look and used ivory twine for the crisscross centers.  


More views...


 The tag is quite simple to make - used the paint dabbers to shabby chic it and used the same vintage paper on the center.  


 The flowers in the center of the Jolees Boutique stickers is scented potpourri - love it!


 More views...




Products Used
brown checkered paper bag, brown cardstock
Vintage white embossed paper
Burlap, canvas ribbon, vintage crochet doily
Prima canvas flower, WOC tiny roses
Lace, WOC skeleton leaf, various leaves
Maya Road buttons and kraft tag
Jolees Boutique stickers, potpourri
Adirondack white paint dabber




3 comments:

  1. Love your card and tag its just beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine, this is so pretty!! I love the neutral palette with the little pops of pink and gingham! Thanks for sharing this with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! I love the burlap, hessian, lace and pretty flowers!
    Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs