Monday 10 September 2012

Altered letter for Irene

I wanted to make something special for Irene so I went through her blog posts to get an idea of her favourite style and colours she likes to use. She is such a talented versatile crater that I ended up calling her to find out her favourite colours *smile*....her reply?....red, pink and blue!

I decided to gift her an altered letter I decorated with her favourite colours so that she can hang it at her craft space.  So without any more babbling from me, here are images and detail on how I embellished it!


I purchased a letter "I" made from pressed chipboard at a local art store; painted it with white acrylic paint and sealed it with satin mod podge.  I had bought a mixed bumper paper pack of 12 x 12 sheets at Paper Lane a while back and - this strip was all I had left from a previous project so I cannot tell you which collection its from...it suited what I had in mind perfectly.  I inked it with aged mahogany distress ink and then glued it down.  


The top has flowers from IAR and Petaloo - there is a tiny pink butterfly in the white flower.  I used blue seam binding for the bow and looped plain red satin ribbon at the back.


The acrylic butterfly is part of a decoration I bought from a florist who was going out of business - I cut what I wanted - selected two acrylic circles above the butterfly as well and secured it under the red flower with hot glue.  The butterfly is not glued down.


With the patience of a saint I used glossy accents and tweezers and adhered the red bling individually. The white little leaves is part of some lace I have; I cut them individually and adhered to the letter.


Here you see some red lace from my stash; the white leaves inked with chipped sapphire distress ink and pink spray are from WOC and the stickpin I had made myself.


Some beautiful blue iamroses - just love the little butterfly compliment!


I hot glued pink flower trim all around the letter and draped blue beaded spray around the letter for extra detail.  See the bottom two photos too.


I did not cut the blue beaded spray; instead I draped a length around the letter - love how it turned out!



The tiny butterfly on the spray was perfect!  Irene loved her gift and I enjoyed making it for her.

Cant wait for our next get together Irene...hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs